So, you want to explore Natural Dyes... Or, you bought/received an ANINI Designs Natural Dye Kit & need a re-fill to keep experimenting and exploring... Or, you just want to dye (more) items and need more mordant to keep achieving lasting, permanent magical Natural Dye color?! -- You're in the right place!
Osage can be used at .75:1 ratio to 1:1 weight for the richest color. This means that 40 grams will dye approximately 40 grams (dry weight) of fiber/fabric. It will continue to dye in lighter shades till the dye has been used up. Use less for a lighter hue of gold or yellow
COLOR - OSAGE
It dyes in a range of bright to lighter golden yellow, rich shades.
SOURCE- OSAGE Osage is a natural dye from the heartwood of the Osage Tree, a native North American plant grown in the Southern States of the United States of America. HISTORY - OSAGE Osage has been used in North America for many years, and yet its history is less researched than many traditional natural dyes worldwide. Osage is a strong tree, its wood being used for countless centuries to craft the best bows. It later served as a critical wood in forging the basic necessities of early settler life.
NATURAL DYE BASICS
* What can be dyed? Natural Dyes only adhere long-term to Natural Fibers. Natural Fibers include, but are not limited to: silk, linen, cotton, flax, hemp, ramie, rayon, bamboo, wool, mohair, alpaca, cashmere, etc.
* Do I need anything else? To ensure long-lasting color results, Mordants are a must with each of these Natural Dyes.
* COLOR NOTE: ANINI Designs is not responsible for the color you reach through this varied and multi-faceted process. Your color results will be determined by how you approach the Natural Dye process (e.g. as in, what minerals are present in the water you use, what temperatures you heat to, which mordant you use, what type of metal pot you choose to mordant and dye in, what fiber type you're dyeing, etc.).
* ANINI MISSION: I am committed to creating pieces that speak in conversation with, for, and in support of our amazing environment.
By purchasing from ANINI Designs you are supporting an independent, work-from-home fiber artisan who is weaving her peace, love, joy and the future into each textile.
* HEALTH NOTE: Natural Dyes and Mordants may cause irritation to skin. Each person has their own sensitivities. Please use with care and take necessary precautions (e.g. use gloves and face mask) while handling, pouring, transferring, cooking, etc.* PREP WARNING: Mordant and Natural Dye Pots must only be used with dye processes. Do not use a kitchen-cooking pot that you plan on using again with food.
* ECO-FRIENDLY PACKAGING: Individual & multiple quantities of smaller items are shipped in a 100% recycled poly mailer, made entirely from waste, that includes a dual adhesive strip so you can re-use it before it's recycled once again. Larger quantities may be shipped in a box.
* INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Buyer is wholly responsible for import/export rules to their country. ANINI Designs is not responsible for knowing all international shipping law. This means, your country may not allow metallic salts and may be seized by customs. There will be no refunds if this should take place.
* PROCESSING TIME: This item is ready to ship upon order. Item will be posted within 3-5 standard business days (not including holidays). If you have specific time constraints, please do reach out before purchase. Thank you!
* GIFT ORDERS: Please add a NOTE upon purchase if you'd like a hand-written note included in your package.
* NO RETURN/REFUNDS: Because of the nature of Natural Dyes and Mordants, ANINI Designs does not accept exchanges or returns on any/all Natural Dyes, Mordants and Natural Dye Kits.
* VISIBILITY: Colors may vary slightly due to computer settings.