HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TEXTILES
Wall Hangings benefit from a gentle, yearly dose of fresh air, either outdoors or near an open window.
To air, hang in a well-ventilated area for a few hours before returning to your preferred location.
WEARABLES & ACCESSORIES
Wearables & Accessories need to be washed occasionally. Though if it's a variety of wool, bamboo, or hemp, it will benefit from its naturally-antibacterial nature and will require washing less often.
Instructions for Hand Wovens & Hand-Dye Care follow. Please look at the fiber contents of your piece and proceed.
In order to best care for your Handwovens, an occasional gentle hand washing with a delicate soap & cold water is best.
1. Gently hand wash in cold water. Use delicate soap, or if Wool, wool-safe soap.
2. Gently squeeze out excess water.
3. Lay flat and roll up in a large towel.
4. Remove from towel. Lay flat to dry.
5. When nearly dry, optionally follow Pressing Care below for a crisper look.
In order to best care for your Hand-Dyed Textiles, always wash separately.
Color bleed can continue after the dye process is complete, though generally minimal.
Dyes are handwash-safe and fade-resistant, though all dyes fade with extended durations in direct sunlight &/or washing with harsh cleansers.
An occasional gentle hand washing with a delicate soap and cold water is perfect. Lay flat to dry. Then, follow Pressing Care, as needed, if a crisper look is preferred.
Many textiles look great as-is, freshly laundered, but for those that are enhanced with Pressing, follow the care instructions below.
First, determine what fiber your textile includes.
If your piece contains: SILK or WOOL (Merino, Cashmere, Mohair, Alpaca, Charmeuse, Habotai, etc.), use low to medium heat, with NO steam.
* Additionally, for Silk, iron on the backside of the natural, shiny finish.
If your piece contains: LINEN, RAYON, COTTON or VISCOSE, use medium to high heat, with medium to full steam.
Always use a Pressing Cloth to protect your textile while using a hot iron.
* NOTE: All pieces are ready to hang and/or wear upon arrival. Wearables have been hand washed and pressed before shipping.