50 grams of ORGANIC MADDER Madder | Loose Chunks / Powder Form
Welcome to the Amazing World of Natural Dye!
So, you want to explore Natural Dyes... Or, you bought/received an ANINI Designs Natural Dye Kit & need a re-fill to keep experimenting and exploring... Or, you just want to dye (more) items and need more mordant to keep achieving lasting, permanent magical Natural Dye color?! -- You're in the right place!
Madder Root can be used at .5 : 1 ratio, up to 1 : 1 weight for the richest color. This means that 50 grams will dye approximately 50 grams (dry weight) of fiber/fabric. It will continue to dye in lighter shades till the dye has been used up. Use less for a lighter hue of red.
COLOR - MADDER It dyes in a range of earthy, rich shades of reds, oranges and corals
SOURCE - MADDER
Madder is a natural dye from the root of the perennial plant of the same name.
HISTORY - MADDER Madder Root has been used to dye textiles for thousands of years and dyes in beautiful shades of earthy reds. It was most famously used to dye the British Red of the Redcoats, but can be found coloring ancient textiles around the world.
NATURAL DYE BASICS
* What can be dyed? Natural Dyes only adhere long-term to Natural Fibers. Natural Fibers include, but are not limited to: silk, linen, cotton, flax, hemp, ramie, rayon, bamboo, wool, mohair, alpaca, cashmere, etc.
* Do I need anything else? To ensure long-lasting color results, Mordants are a must with each of these Natural Dyes.
* COLOR NOTE: ANINI Designs is not responsible for the color you reach through this varied and multi-faceted process. Your color results will be determined by how you approach the Natural Dye process (e.g. as in, what minerals are present in the water you use, what temperatures you heat to, which mordant you use, what type of metal pot you choose to mordant and dye in, what fiber type you're dyeing, etc.).
* ANINI MISSION: I am committed to creating pieces that speak in conversation with, for, and in support of our amazing environment.
By purchasing from ANINI Designs you are supporting an independent, work-from-home fiber artisan who is weaving her peace, love, joy and the future into each textile.
* HEALTH NOTE: Natural Dyes and Mordants may cause irritation to skin. Each person has their own sensitivities. Please use with care and take necessary precautions (e.g. use gloves and face mask) while handling, pouring, transferring, cooking, etc.* PREP WARNING: Mordant and Natural Dye Pots must only be used with dye processes. Do not use a kitchen-cooking pot that you plan on using again with food.
* ECO-FRIENDLY PACKAGING: Individual & multiple quantities of smaller items are shipped in a 100% recycled poly mailer, made entirely from waste, that includes a dual adhesive strip so you can re-use it before it's recycled once again. Larger quantities may be shipped in a box.
* INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Buyer is wholly responsible for import/export rules to their country. ANINI Designs is not responsible for knowing all international shipping law. This means, your country may not allow metallic salts and may be seized by customs. There will be no refunds if this should take place.
* PROCESSING TIME: This item is ready to ship upon order. Item will be posted within 3-5 standard business days (not including holidays). If you have specific time constraints, please do reach out before purchase. Thank you!
* GIFT ORDERS: Please add a NOTE upon purchase if you'd like a hand-written note included in your package.
* NO RETURN/REFUNDS: Because of the nature of Natural Dyes and Mordants, ANINI Designs does not accept exchanges or returns on any/all Natural Dyes, Mordants and Natural Dye Kits.
* VISIBILITY: Colors may vary slightly due to computer settings.