Please look at the fiber contents of the piece you have ordered. Then proceed.
* Wall Hangings &/or Tapestries benefit from a gentle, yearly dose of fresh air (either outdoors or near a window). Hang in a well-ventilated area for a few hours before returning to your preferred location.
* Wearable &/or Accessories need to be washed occasionally. (Though if it's a variety of wool, bamboo, or hemp, it will benefit from its naturally-antibacterial nature.)
Instructions for Hand Wovens and Hand-Dye Care follow below. * * * * *
HAND WOVEN CARE:
In order to best care for your hand woven piece, an occasional gentle hand washing with a delicate soap and cold water is best.
1. Gently hand wash in cold water using a delicate soap, or if wool, use wool-safe soap.
2. Gently squeeze out excess water.
3. Lay flat and roll up in a large towel.
4. Lay flat to dry.
5. When nearly dry, optionally press with low-medium heat for a crisper look.
In order to best care for your hand dyed piece, be sure to always wash separately. Color bleed can continue to occur long after the dye process is complete, though generally minimal.
Dyes are handwash-safe and fade-resistant, though long durations in direct sunlight or washing with harsh cleansers will fade most dyes.
An occasional gentle hand washing with a delicate soap and cold water is perfect. Lay flat to dry. Iron as needed and preferred.
If your piece has silk or wool (merino, cashmere, mohair, alpaca, etc.) in it, only use low-medium heat, with NO steam. Additionally, for silk, iron on the backside of the natural, shiney finish.
If your piece has linen, cotton or viscose in it, press with medium-high heat, with steam.
Use of a Pressing Cloth to protect your textile is ideal.
* NOTE: All pieces are ready to hang and/or wear upon arrival. Wearables have been hand washed and pressed before shipping.